The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Professor/Associate Professor in the Department of Historical Studies. The Department offers majors in History, Environmental History, and Heritage & Cultural studies.
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION : HISTORICAL STUDIES
POST NO. 1670 : PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To be considered, applicants must have
- A doctoral degree in History;
- At least 10 years of teaching history at University level;
- Proven track of research and publishing with reputable publishers and/or in reputable journals;
- Proven track record of supervising postgraduate students;
- Candidates with ability to teach in at least one of the two majors offered in the Department will be given preference.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervise students’ projects and dissertations at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Participate in research and publication activities of NUL;
- Perform duties that may be assigned by the Department, Faculty, and NUL.
A successful candidate will be expected to start in July, 2018 or as close to that date as possible.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits with qualifications and experience.
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Permanent and pensionable for Locals and Contract for Expatriates.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. One of which must be from the current or previous employer. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving full applications for the position above is 27TH APRIL, 2018 DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.